Information Technology Systems Specialist I/II
South Tahoe Public Utility District is seeking an Information Technology Systems Specialist I/II to support the IT computer operating system hardware, software, networks, AV needs, and websites of the District. Salary: $5758-$8,616/month Position closes on 8/8/2022 at 11:59 pm.
Under the direction of the Network Telecom Systems Administrator I/II and/or Information Technology Manager, performs a variety of specialized and technical duties to support all staff in their use of District owned hardware and software including but not limited to drafting and publishing documentation, training staff, supporting District owned or approved hardware and software including maintenance, configuration, and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS for ITSS I and II:
- Supports the Network Telecom Systems Administrator and the Information Technology Manager in achieving the departmental and District-wide mission, goals, and values.
- Provides all District Staff with excellent customer service and technical support for all District owned hardware and software including but not limited to training, operation, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Provides information about capabilities and technical guidance to users regarding current technology investments; if needed, assists in planning and implementing new hardware and software solutions. Identifies stakeholders, timelines, performs systems analysis and/or evaluation of solutions to determine strengths, weaknesses, and future benefits of the proposed solutions.
- Develops, prepares, and presents training materials, documentation, and procedures to assist employees in the use of District owned technology.
- Maintains accurate records of the District’s hardware and software inventory.
- Prepares and submits regular status reports of all projects and service requests.
- Tracks all IT requests through the help desk system and provides prompt, frequent, professional, and courteous response to all requests.
- Works with support vendors to resolve complex issues and facilitate repairs.
- Participates in processes to keep the I.T. Strategic plan and I.T. policies current.
- Adheres to and enforces all stated District safety policies and procedures.
IT Systems Specialist II also performs the following functions:
- Assures timely updates of District’s intranet and public web pages, trains other content contributors, and ensures consistent formatting for site content.
- Administers, configures, troubleshoots, updates, and provides reports from the help desk software to departmental supervisors and managers.
- Tracks, sources, purchases, configures, installs, maintains, and schedules replacement of District Computers in accordance with technology replacement lifecycles and maintains operating system image deployment software.
- Supports Board/AV systems including meeting set up, recording, audio and video editing, troubleshooting, infrastructure updates, providing documentation, and training.
- Provides support for specialized systems including, but not limited to, supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA), geographic information system (GIS), and computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Provides technical and functional coordination with consultants as appropriate.
- Provides training and backup to entry level and temporary I.T. staff.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent is required. College education and/or degree in related field highly desired.
- Information Technology Systems Specialist I requires two (2) years’ experience operating and installing personal computers and/or providing training on personal computer software. Recent relevant work experience is highly desired.
- Information Technology Systems Specialist II requires three (3) years’ experience operating and installing personal computers and/or providing training on personal computer software. Recent relevant work experience is highly desired.
- A combination of education and experience in a related field, equivalent to the above experience/education requirements may be acceptable.
- See Proficiency section for applicable certification requirements.
- Information Technology Systems Specialist II requires Computing Technology Industry Association A+ Certification or equivalent.
- Information Technology Systems Specialist II requires Microsoft Office Specialist Certificate.
- As required by job duties, maintains knowledge of current and upcoming mobile and desktop technology and applications, and implements as appropriate.
- Requires ability to work independently, taking initiative in line with departmental/District priorities.
- Requires ability to read, understand, and follow written or verbal instructions.
- Requires ability to maintain accurate record of work performed.
- Requires the ability to utilize logical problem-solving skills for analyzing and solving complex user problems.
- Requires the ability to operate a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing capabilities.
- Requires the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a simplified manner.
- Requires the ability to foster and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
- An aptitude for effective use of programming logic concepts is desired.
- Requires a valid, current drivers’ license, acceptable by the State of California, with a driving record which enables insurability.
- Must have current, valid CPR and First Aid certificates, or ability to obtain within two (2) years of hire date.
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting a help desk support system.
- Responsible for purchasing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting personal computer systems.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of District hardware and software.
- Responsible for maintaining District intranet (ITSS II).
- Responsible for maintaining timely updates to District Internet site (ITSS II).
- Responsible for training personnel in personal computer operation.
- Responsible for performing periodic preventive maintenance procedures for District P.C.’s and printers.
- Responsible for maintaining discretion when working with confidential information.
- Requires sufficient strength to move a box of computer paper weighing approximately 50 pounds.
- Requires strength to move and set up personal computers, printers, and presentation equipment.
- Requires the ability to operate a keyboard, calculator, and various types of computer hardware.
- Requires the ability to respond to employee questions via the telephone.
- See attached Job Analysis for complete physical requirements.